httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David Southwell <da...@cyberc.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Module Contrib
Date Tue, 04 Aug 1998 18:08:24 GMT
On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Joshua Slive wrote:

> Comments from a casual observer:
>
> This sounds like a very valuable resource that could be implemented fairly
> easily if you include only meta-data and pointers for things that are
> already well distributed and full source for other things.  However, I
> would consider broadening the scope of the project to include software
> that might not be so directly tied to apache.  For example, it would be
> very useful to have information about search engines, log-analysis tools,
> link checkers, and databases that could be used in conjunction with
> apache. This would make it clearer how to build systems that have all the
> features of the commercial packages, and would provide an easy answer to
> questions like "Does apache include a search engine?"  Of course, it would
> also make a very blurry line for the person deciding what to include,
> which could be a problem.

Umph see what you mean

I guess these problems will be handled - in due course -- the problem with
anything new is that it takes time to find out what works and what doesnt.

Anyway whatever we do can be changed in the light of experience

David Southwell                              Chairman CyberCity Ltd
(European agents for CyberCity Inc. BVI)
+44 117 955 8225 CyberCity Technology in Europe BCDP Technology
++Beyond the Corporate Doorway Processing Solutions++