httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David Southwell <da...@cyberc.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Module Contrib
Date Tue, 04 Aug 1998 17:07:58 GMT
On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, David Southwell wrote:

> The "purist" approach is what has made it easy for the bad to drive out
> the good in the computer industry. That is why MS stuff has succeeded.
> So I am very strongly against this purist separation and very much in
> favour of helping people to check out there own needs and follow their
> requirements.

A further addition to this one - if for each item that is stored there is
an opportunity for people to contribute comments (they may need to be
monitored for legal reasons *GRINZ*) this would help to raise standards.
People would also be able to check out the full range of available
stuff...

I would like to stick with very clear guidelines.. what goes on the site
must be supportive of apache - but we should avoid portraying ourselves as
people out of touch with the real world of everyday computing which
involves millions of people who do not know a *ptr from a &ptr ( and who
are positively terrified at the sight of either!!

david

David Southwell
Chairman
CyberCity Ltd            (European agents for CyberCity Inc. BVI)
+44 117 955 8225            CyberCity Technology in Europe
BCDP Technology ++Beyond the Corporate Doorway Processing Solutions++