httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David Southwell <da...@cyberc.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Module Contrib
Date Tue, 04 Aug 1998 14:09:37 GMT
On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Ben Hyde wrote:

> Brian Behlendorf writes:
>  > ... Ralf's APXS used as a base for more and more
>  > contributions, and with those contributions organized on www.apache.org.
>  > Er, let me clarify - think FreeBSD's excellent "ports" ...
>
> Hear hear.  The FreeBSD ports system is really a wonderful model.
> I like that it uses the web as it's repository of resources
> rather than a single site.  The volunteer at the single distribution
> site's job is then (a) provide a design to manage the stubs, and (b)
> check that the contributor isn't oviously a terrorist.
>
>  > We could certainly put it in /dist/contrib on www.apache.org,
>
> yes.
>
>  > and I don't
>  > think there'd be a problem with granting you, David, access to manage that
>  > whole contrib area.
>
> volunteers are always welcome!

Thanks ;-) *looks round to check own non-terrorist credentials!! ;-)

     ^^
    (..)
   { ! }
    ~~~
 /       \

& *chuckles*

david

David Southwell
Chairman
CyberCity Ltd            (European agents for CyberCity Inc. BVI)
+44 117 955 8225            CyberCity Technology in Europe
BCDP Technology ++Beyond the Corporate Doorway Processing Solutions++