httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David Southwell <>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Module Contrib
Date Mon, 03 Aug 1998 17:01:47 GMT
> Ok, but why do we then have  The
> "contrib" means "contributed stuff" and holds third-party stuff since years
> now... Hmmm... although I find cool I think we are a little
> bit too strong here with opinions.

> >>  - I would suggest that it be clearly labelled as being
> >> separately maintained
> > Labeling doesn't work reliably, as I and others have pointed out
> > to you.  It needs to be in a clearly separate container, not in a

What is being separated from what?

 Are we talking of separation by main URL
                              by path
                              by machine
and to what end?

> I thought _IS_ a clearly sperate
> container...  Hmmm.. I'm now a little bit confused.

If we could agree to do something that would be a good starting point and
then lets sort out the means and some guidelines.

David Southwell
CyberCity Ltd            (European agents for CyberCity Inc. BVI)
+44 117 955 8225            CyberCity Technology in Europe
BCDP Technology ++Beyond the Corporate Doorway Processing Solutions++

View raw message