httpd-dev mailing list archives

From David Southwell <da...@cyberc.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Module Contrib
Date Mon, 03 Aug 1998 14:31:57 GMT
On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Ben Hyde wrote:

> I'd prefer not to have any third party modules distributed from
> www.apache.org since that implies something to users that we can't
> control.

Can I please differ - I would quite like a third party area and I do not
think it need imply anything in particular other than it being a
collection of resources.

I think it would be extremelky useful and encourage people working
together on stuff - I would suggest that it be clearly labelled as being
separately maintained. (you could even have it as a third party link with
a different URL if you like ;-) --

I would be willing to hemp manage it within a n agreed set of guidelines

(see posting 3rd party stuff of last week)

david

David Southwell
Chairman
CyberCity Ltd            (European agents for CyberCity Inc. BVI)
+44 117 955 8225            CyberCity Technology in Europe
BCDP Technology ++Beyond the Corporate Doorway Processing Solutions++