httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: Spinning httpds - One Solution
Date Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:26:39 GMT
>Aha!  That answers a long outstanding headscratcher for me.  Is there a
>good reason for r->connection->aborted not getting set if a client closes
>the connection irregardless of the timeout state?  It would certainly make
>life easier on me in PHP land if this was the case.

Because r->connection->aborted indicates that the server has decided to
abort the connection, not that the client has closed it.  We could set
it on client close as well, but only within the routines that read and
write to the connection directly (ap_r*), but then we'd have to change
those routines to actually look at the return value instead of assuming
that the caller will handle it.

....Roy