httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [finrod@EWOX.ORG: YA Apache DoS attack]
Date Sat, 08 Aug 1998 13:47:03 GMT
Feh.  pfree() is a good idea.  Unless we do some serious magic, though,
a pfree() implementation is going to require reference counts and
handles to be really robust.  Or possibly prefixing each allocation
with a word indicating its size -- I haven't looked to see if we
already do that.

For this specific pathology.. is it permissable for the server to
*not* merge field values if the existing concatenation already
includes them?  That is, don't merge "Header: foo" if the
accumulated value of Header already includes "foo"?  Roy?

That won't affect repeating fields with differing values, but
it's something I've been wanting for a while -- but just never
checked on the allowability.

#ken	P-)}

"Apache Server for Dummies" <http://WWW.Dummies.Com/