httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <>
Subject Re: Hanging sub-processes (scripts)
Date Fri, 07 Aug 1998 21:47:01 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> cgi zombies are supposed to be collected when the pool clears, but
> that isn't appropriate for the bug that I'm seeing, since the pool
> is still valid I think... The fact that the child process which
> parents the cgi doesn't respond to any signals means it's blocking for
> something as far as I can tell.

Oh right, sorry, misunderstood. I thought you were saying that the CGI
didn't respond to signals. If the httpd doesn't, then verily we are

Freelance Consultant  |Fax:   +44 (181) 735 0689|
and Technical Director|Email: |
A.L. Digital Ltd,     |Apache-SSL author
London, England.      |"Apache: TDG"

View raw message