httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Module Contrib
Date Tue, 04 Aug 1998 17:10:52 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> +1 for better contrib maintenance

:-)

> +1 for contrib living on www.apache.org (it will have a large set of
> mirrors already running for it)

Mmm.  After the complaints from them about the size of the .Z files
over the last many months, they may not be happy about an enlarged
contrib area.  But tough -- we have enough mirrors that if some
drop out we should still be in good shape.  If taz's bandwidth
can support it, of course.

> +1 for including non-free stuff
>
> +1 for splitting non-free stuff into a non-free hierarchy (see
> ftp.redhat.com for example, they have a non-free hierarchy)

All right, I withdraw my objections and change to -0.
I don't like it, but I'll go along with it.

#ken	P-)}