httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: win32 makefile generator?
Date Tue, 04 Aug 1998 22:30:58 GMT
At 04:20 PM 8/4/98 -0600, Marc Slemko wrote:
>On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Doug MacEachern wrote:
>
>> At one point, I thought there was a program shipping with apache to
>> generate .mak files for Win32 modules, was I wrong or did that go away?  Is
>> there any way currently to generate a makefile besides using developer
studio?

>Not AFAIK.
>
>There was a program to make the .dsp files or something that was used for
>the initial conversion I think.

hmm, well, if somebody could tweak the Makefile.nt to install
ApacheCore.lib and the *.h files, I could put together a perl module to
generate a simple makefile, based on what developer studio spits out.
Wouldn't be much, but better than nothing.  Actually, does ApacheCore.lib
need to be installed?  I've always done this:
Project -> Add to Project -> Files
        Filename: [C:\Apache\ApacheCore.lib]
Is there another way?

I think we need to get Ralf a win32 box to port apxs :-)

-Doug