httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>
Subject Re: SMP DEC Alphas
Date Thu, 27 Aug 1998 19:14:18 GMT

They don't have the lock file on an NFS partition, that was the first thing
we asked.

They are however still on a 1.2.6-based version of our server, we'll be
bringing them up to the 1.3.0 based system shortly.  Sounds like the fact
that 1.2.6 *didn't* have a lockfile for multiple ports may be a problem
here.  We needed a good reason to convince them to make the change (despite
the fact the changeover is painless), this may be it.

Thanks Dean & Dirk!

	Brian

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices  |     brian@apache.org
acquired by the age of eighteen." - Einstein   |  brian@hyperreal.org