httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Handy tool: xlogmaster
Date Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:33:36 GMT

Just a hint to a very hand tool I've using since a few days:

   XLogMaster
   http://www.fusebox.hanse.de/xlogmaster/

It's a X11/GTK+ application which basically provides the functionality we
developers usually achieve by opening 5 xterms and running "tail -f" in each
for the various logfiles we have to observe. Currently for the mod_ssl
development I've to observe four logfiles (access_log, error_log,
ssl_engine_log, ssl_request_log) and found it again really nasty to fiddle
around with four xterms beside my editor and shell. Now with xlogmaster
there is only one logfile-window and inside this one I can select very
quickly the logfile I want to see. So, when you are also annoyed of the
logfiles you should have a look at this program.

PS: FreeBSD users can find a port under sysutils/xlogmaster/ in the
    ports area.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com