httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: [EVVA-Webmaster <webmaster@evva.com>] Apache-SUPPORT: HTPASSWD.C
Date Tue, 25 Aug 1998 09:55:50 GMT

In article <x73eaztxlp.fsf@montana.covalent.net> you wrote:

> These are some of the issues I am noticing when building stuff outside
> of the Apache build process. Are we gaining anything by separating
> these defines outside of conf.h?

> /exchange/studchange/apache/passwd>make htpasswd
>         cc -O  htpasswd.c -o htpasswd
> "ap_config.h", line 74.10: 1506-296 (S) #include file "ap_config_auto.h" not
> found
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

> So where can I find or get this include file "ap_config_auto.h"???
>[...]

No, I don't think we gain anything. OTOH building the support files without
first building Apache is useless because some of the even link against
libap.a. So I would say "don't do it this way if it breaks this way".  The
programs have to be built together with Apache.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com