httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Mon, 24 Aug 1998 15:07:19 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> Currently I think the header detection should be really just
> pre-processor-based and not compiler-based. Only this way we can avoid
> problems. This way header dependencies are nonrelevant, aren't they?

But basically it is at this point... We 'assume' that if the compile
dies it's because the header file wasn't found. After all, all we are
compiling is:

	#include <sys/resource.h>
	void main(void) { }

which is pretty basic. Again, we assume that if the above fails, the
ONLY reason is because sys/resource.h can't be found. We're not
trying to see if sys/resource.h "works" but basically if it exists,
which is what autoconf/configure does as well AFAIK.