httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Question: mmap und shared mem
Date Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:57:02 GMT

In article <64003B21ECCAD11185C500805F31EC03C63614@mail.matchlogic.com> you wrote:

> I posted the following in January.
>[...]
> > And BTW: Does anybody know about a little library which provides an
> > abstraction layer to this mess? Or have I write my own abstraction here?
>[...]
> I've implemented a shared-memory abstraction that has been integrated
> into our Apache-based server (That code is owned by the company, but I
> could recreate something similar for Apache),
>[...]

Sounds good. Can we get the code under a BSD-style license or do we really
need to recreate it for Apache? I would appreciate such a little abstraction
library because it could be used not only in mod_ssl. It would be a useful
thing also for other modules (perhaps for Doug inside mod_perl so one has
IPC::Shareable internal - or for Rasmus inside PHP3?).

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com