httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: catastrophic loss of CVS trees at apache.org.
Date Thu, 20 Aug 1998 09:56:33 GMT

In article <Pine.GSO.4.02A.9808200154470.15464-100000@redfish> you wrote:

> Everyone doesn't have to worry too much about the Apache CVS tree, since I
> have all the apache-* stuff and some other stuff mirrored over.

>> The disk containing the /home partition on www.apache.org went south
>> tonight, and previously functional backups failed.  /home contained the
>> CVS trees for all the projects hosted here - those trees were mirrored in
>> "export" form all over the place of course, but we need the raw ,v files
>> to properly account for Apache CVS history.  Fortunately all the files on
>> the live web site, including the CVS mail archives, are intact, so they
>> can be restored to a certain extent.  But for the next few days expect
>> problems if you try and access the CVS repository on Hyperreal in any way.
>> Mail delivery through apache.org should also be unaffected.

Same here. I use CVSup to copy the whole stuff including the CVSROOT, embperl,
modperl, etc. directories. You can grab the complete hierarchy from me, too.
It's 38 MB in size, but when packed with bzip2 only few MB remain. I can push
this to taz over the net.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com