httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS
Date Sun, 16 Aug 1998 14:50:18 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> >

> > In article <19980816040009.10720.qmail@hyperreal.org> you wrote:
> > > marc        98/08/15 21:00:09
> >
> > >   +Unix 1.3.2 RELEASE SHOWSTOPPERS:
> > >   +
> > >   +    * header detection is broken; eg. sys/resource.h often requires
> > >   +      other includes first, etc.  This breaks things like RLimit*
> > >   +      on many platforms.
> > >   +
> >
> > Do I understand it correctly? The _detection_ itself is broken, only.  Because
> > when ap_config_auto.h then exists, these are only defines and not includes.
> > The problem is that when we test for sys/resource.h we have to include another
> > header in TestCompile, right?  Can we solve it be adding a list of
> > dependencies to Configure?  Has anyone already general dependecies at hand?
> >

> I'm guessing that TestCompile would need to "include" some sort of
> temp file that maintains the current header files being included..

Hmmm. I'm think that if we:

  1. Change the ordering of ap_config_auto.h so that the -CFLAG->#defines
     are before the header files and
  2. The TestCompile dummy program that checks header files does
     an include of ap_config_auto.h as well as ap_config.h

that this might work. Not sure if #1 will break anything since when
building Apache the CFLAG->defines are ignored (since they are defined
anyway). In fact, it might be better since it forces that included
header to have the same #define values as when Apache is being built :/

Think this might work, or is worth a try?