httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_status.c
Date Tue, 11 Aug 1998 12:59:29 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> This is why I suggested putting the directive into mod_status, rather than
> the core.

It's what I started off with, but doing so required lots of ugly code
to get ap_check_cmd_context(cmd, GLOBAL_ONLY) to work right because
it requires that CORE_PRIVATE be set by mod_status.c before including
http_config.h, and this seemed sure to break things. What I originally
started with was

	#ifndef CORE_PRIVATE
	#define CORE_PRIVATE
	#define DEFINED_CORE_PRIVATE
	#endif
	#include "http_config.h"
	#ifdef DEFINED_CORE_PRIVATE
	#undef DEFINED_CORE_PRIVATE
	#undef CORE_PRIVATE
	#endif

That looked too ugly to use if somehow we could have Apache itself
determine "Oh, I'm not loaded with mod_status, I'll disable ExtendedStatus".
If that's not possible, or easy, then I'll have to go back to plan A...
That's why I asked.