httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_config.c http_protocol.c
Date Sun, 09 Aug 1998 17:14:41 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> I think a limit of 0 should be considered "unlimited".  For example, I
> don't understand the need to limit the request body.

Here's what I was thinking of doing...

  1. Changing DEFAULT_LIMIT_REQUEST_* to LIMIT_REQUEST_*.
     These would be maximum limits, changing only by recompiling.

  2. Allowing a value of '0' to be unlimited where appropriate.

  3. Changing the alloca() calls to [LIMIT_REQUEST_*] definitions
     and not using sizeof() but rather keeping track of limit_request_*
     directly.

  4. Adding them to the global server configs

To my mind, this removes the non-portability of alloca() as well as
covering all bases. Should be faster too.

Comments?