httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Updates to the status module
Date Fri, 07 Aug 1998 16:41:01 GMT
I'm looking into increasing the amount of valuable data available
from the status module but when STATUS is not used. I've noticed that
there are 2 places where ap_update_child_status is only called if
STATUS is defined but the reasons are unclear: one is during DNS
lookups and the other during logging of the request. I think that
knowing when processes are in this state is worthwhile even if
STATUS is not defined, as well as the fact that the overhead in doing
ap_update_child_status (again, with STATUS not defined) should be
minimal when one considers that DNS and logging are expensive anyway.

Unless anyone complains, or sees something I don't, I'll allow
ap_update_child_status even without STATUS (I won't much around with
other things like the ap_time_process_request, which doesn'tt make
sense w/o STATUS)