httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Hanging sub-processes (scripts)
Date Thu, 06 Aug 1998 16:42:22 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> What does strace/whatever on the httpd child show?  Is this freebsd as
> well?

Haven't been able to get one yet... the httpd child process seems almost
dead responding to no signals at all. Seen it maybe twice on FreeBSD.
Installing mod_status to see if, when it happens, I can determine the
status.

Of course, it could be a memory leak. I've set MaxRequestsPerChild to 0
and it only happens when it's been running for a LONG time and VERY
active.