httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Hanging sub-processes (scripts)
Date Thu, 06 Aug 1998 14:52:26 GMT
Every once-in-a-blue-moon we have a script that zombies out and the
httpd subprocess that spawned it never collects it. So the script
process just hangs around in the zombie state. Sending 'kill -9'
to the subprocess is ignored... I'll be digging into the spawn_child
routines in alloc.c to see if anything obvious pops out, but for some
reason the subprocess isn't finishing up the wait.