httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache C-style Pre-Processor (ACPP)
Date Tue, 04 Aug 1998 17:34:04 GMT

In article <> you wrote:

> but... but... I just use m4.  Other folks use perl.  More powerful than
> cpp :)

<grin> Sure, usually I would recommend to use my ePerl for generating Apache
config files with embedded Perl snippets.  But then Doug would came around the
corner and say "Hey, when the user can install ePerl, he also can install
mod_perl and use <Perl>..</Perl>" ;-)

The nice aspect of CPP (and especially of the CPP from LCC) is that it
consists of only 50K of very clean C source and nothing more is needed. Bingo!

BTW, the "httpd -P" was not choosen without a reason.
Compare this with the existing "perl -P", too. ;-)

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

View raw message