httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: [STATISTIC] Apache Development
Date Tue, 04 Aug 1998 07:37:56 GMT

In article <19980804062043.16645.qmail@hyperreal.org> you wrote:

> I don't think any of this is productive.  We might as well count authorship
> of messages to new-httpd, or personal finances spent on Apache development,
> or bug database responses, or how many installations of Apache each of us
> is personally liable for.  At the end of the day, it does nothing but
> dismotivate.

Ok, ok, please stop arguing now. I see the point and agree with you. It just
was a quick hack to summarize the large CHANGES into a short chart.  I've not
tried to express something which really reflects reality. I found it just
interesting, especially how much effort in changes were spent between each
release of Apache. This way we see that the 1.3bX cycles were really a lot of
work and consumed not only time. There _were_ a lot of work done on the code.
That's all....
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com