httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Module Contrib
Date Tue, 04 Aug 1998 07:24:24 GMT
At 05:49 PM 8/3/98 +0100, David Southwell wrote:
>Can we simplify the debate please:
>A. do we want to do something that holds all the kinda stuff I indicated?

I think we should discuss more the "kinda stuff" you mean.

What I'd like to see, rather than a big tarball wrapping together a buncha
third-party stuff, is Ralf's APXS used as a base for more and more
contributions, and with those contributions organized on
Er, let me clarify - think FreeBSD's excellent "ports" system, or RPM's.
We could certainly put it in /dist/contrib on, and I don't
think there'd be a problem with granting you, David, access to manage that
whole contrib area.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices  |
acquired by the age of eighteen." - Einstein   |

View raw message