httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Problem 2534]
Date Tue, 04 Aug 1998 00:03:32 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> AFAIK, this hasn't been shown to be an optimization related bug.
>
> We really don't have any details on where or why it is other than that it
> appears the AIX compiler is broken.  Changing to char* may fix it.  Using
> the -bzorkle flag may fix it.

The "problem" is getting the right declaration. A quick test shows that

	static const char *end_foor = "</Bar>";

may not be right because the compiler doesn't see end_foor as a
const char* (at least with gcc 2.7.2.x on one of my test machines)
and complains when building :

    "initializer element for `core_cmds[1].name' is not constant"

Most likely a -f flag needed? Dean?