httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Problem 2534]
Date Mon, 03 Aug 1998 23:59:37 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Uh, no there's nothing to make more clear to the compiler.  The code is
> correct, the compiler cannot combine those symbols.

Yeah, the code is correct... I don't think anyone said it wasn't. It's
just that the bogus AIX compiler ain't working right and people are
thinking of ways of "forcing" the issue without breaking the code.
Moving to pointers has it's bad sides, basically with allocated sizes,
and most likely isn't worth the effort for this one bug. :/