httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [STATISTIC] Apache Development
Date Mon, 03 Aug 1998 19:26:52 GMT
As someone said, this sort of "statistic" does little except to cause
division in the ranks. It does nothing really, IMO, to make us a stronger
"team"... in fact, it pretty much removes the whole idea of a "team".

CHANGES is incomplete at best (I rarely add entries to it as do others)
and it's easy to "skew" results. Same as with CVS logs... it would be
easy to generate skewed results by doing various universal renamings
which ain't in the same "catagory" as code from scratch.

I recall Ben L. once noted that if members were "noted" by simply the
amount of code they produced, Apache would be the worse for it. I think
I agree.