httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache Module Contrib
Date Mon, 03 Aug 1998 13:03:04 GMT

A few months ago when I built the APXS tool, one of my goals were to provide a
better way for third-party module authors to incorporate their modules in an
already installed Apache.  In other words: Compile modules _OUTSIDE_ the
Apache source tree.

Although already started some time ago, I've now mostly finished my idea of an
Apache Module Contribution containing some popular third-party modules.  I've
grabbed together some of the modules I use often myself on webservers I manage
and ported them to the latest Apache 1.3 track. Additionally I've created a
little Makefile hierarchy which now can be used to build and install these
modules.

I've rolled a first tarball as apache-contrib-1.0.0.tar.gz and placed it under
ftp://ftp.apache.org/apache/dist/contrib/modules/ . I've you have any
suggestions let it me know. It's not an great thing, but already provides a
nice and easy way to add a bunch of popular third-party modules. Perhaps we
can extend it with other modules in the future...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com