httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Module Contrib
Date Tue, 04 Aug 1998 13:57:43 GMT
Brian Behlendorf writes:
 > ... Ralf's APXS used as a base for more and more
 > contributions, and with those contributions organized on www.apache.org.
 > Er, let me clarify - think FreeBSD's excellent "ports" ...

Hear hear.  The FreeBSD ports system is really a wonderful model.
I like that it uses the web as it's repository of resources
rather than a single site.  The volunteer at the single distribution
site's job is then (a) provide a design to manage the stubs, and (b)
check that the contributor isn't oviously a terrorist.

 > We could certainly put it in /dist/contrib on www.apache.org,

yes.

 > and I don't
 > think there'd be a problem with granting you, David, access to manage that
 > whole contrib area.

volunteers are always welcome!

 - ben