httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache Module Contrib
Date Mon, 03 Aug 1998 13:53:57 GMT

Ralf S. Engelschall writes:
 > Apache Module Contribution containing some popular third-party modules.  I've
 > ftp://ftp.apache.org/apache/dist/contrib/modules/ . I've you have any

Some examples of how to build modules outside the main server source
tree is a very good thing, and maybe we could move toward getting some
of the currently modules packaged in that way.

It will be a mess if the group tries to get into the biz.  of rating
third party modules with some "seal of approval."

The current frame work, i.e. modules.apache.org, that acts only as
a registry is a good thing.

I'd prefer not to have any third party modules distributed from
www.apache.org since that implies something to users that we can't
control.

 - ben hyde