httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rasmus Lerdorf <ras...@lerdorf.on.ca>
Subject Re: r->connection->aborted no longer set?
Date Fri, 24 Jul 1998 17:34:35 GMT
> Is this -X or running normally?
>
> If running normally, try disabling OPTIMIZE_TIMEOUTS in httpd.h.

Running normally with OPTIMIZE_TIMEOUTS $undef'ed didn't make a
difference.

> Otherwise, set a break point on alarm() and signal() ... is your php stuff
> maybe fooling with the alarms and signals?

put a trace on both.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  We are deliberately
not messing with signals.

I think perhaps I am just confused.  The request eventually does time out,
but it takes a while.  I was thinking that once the client browser breaks
the connection by hitting his stop button, Apache would get a SIGPIPE or
perhaps just an error when it tried to send the next byte and would thus
set connection->aborted right away.  Perhaps I am getting thrown by the
output buffering here and the condition cannot be detected until Apache's
buffer fills up which might take a while if the script doesn't have much
output.

-Rasmus