httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: Apache Java GUI
Date Fri, 31 Jul 1998 12:12:43 GMT
> We agree to licence this additional software as freeware, and to remain so,
> although code will be retained to establish and sustain standards. We would
> also welcome your comments and ideas during all stages of development.

Sounds cool, but what do you mean code will be retained?  You will not
release the source code?  I think you will find many people less concerned
about the "free" aspect of the software and more interested in it being
OpenSource.  I don't run anything on my servers that I don't have source
to.

-Rasmus