httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@awe.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.1
Date Tue, 21 Jul 1998 09:35:43 GMT
On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Michael Parker wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 1998 at 09:47:13PM -0600, Marc Slemko wrote:
> > anyone happy with the windows installer?
>
> Installed and ran with minimal testing on Win95.  One thing with the
> installer however.  I picked the default
> C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache but when it was actually
> installing the files it reported that it was copying them into
> C:\Program Files\Apache
>
> Maybe a string length thing or something.  But like I said it
> installed as normal and all is well.

Umm, looks like if the directory is too long for the window, IS2 truncates
it at the last _space_, rather than using an ellipsis (...) like most
other applications. So

  C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\main\http_request.c

gets truncated to

  C:\Program Files\Apache

rather than (something like)

  C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\m...

Stupid.

Paul