httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@awe.com>
Subject Re: bugdb defaults?
Date Sun, 19 Jul 1998 15:41:20 GMT
On Sun, 19 Jul 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Alexei Kosut wrote:
> > Hmm. I just had a thought. The default state on the bugs.apache.org search
> > page is open. It strikes me that on this, and every other bug/support
> > database I've used, this has never been the option I've wanted to use.
>
> So we change it to 'any'.  Hacking the script to do 'page n of m' stuff

+1 on changing to "any".

> would be a pain.  I've been thinking of adding a 'count of problems
> found' message at the top of the display, but haven't yet.

Umm, I don't know what it is like you you, but over here getting a large
number of hits can take forever. It would be nice if the browser could
start displaying hits as it gets them, but because it is in a table it
waits for the end of the table before displaying (ie4 does anyway). So
what would be really nice is if it could end and restart the table every,
say, 100 hits.

Also a sort option to get hits returned in reverse date (i.e. PR number)
order would be good, since most of the time I'm looking for recent hits
and having to wait ages (as above) to get to the end of the table is
annoying.

Paul