httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: 1.3.1 missing pgp signature
Date Tue, 28 Jul 1998 16:28:56 GMT

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Look at it this way: If someone tried to write an Apache module, and it
> kept blowing up, and they really wanted to do it, and they couldn't
> get it to work after a day's effort, and spent a lot of time trying to
> get it right, do you think it would be appropriate for them to
> categorically state that 'Apache sucks' as a result?  *That's* the
> sort of point I was trying to make -- gently, in a friendly
> way, and not adversarily at all.  That's why I included the smiley.

I don't think the expected complexity of the two projects are similar.  If
you compare settup up pgp with setting up apache you're at least comparing
similar projects.  Building a module is an entirely different story.  And
yes they'd be right to say "Apache's API documentation sucks", and I
wouldn't disagree (I think we all agree on this one).

Dean