httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: remove PID on shutdown
Date Mon, 27 Jul 1998 15:57:08 GMT
On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Martin Kraemer wrote:

> > What is "port" and "primaryIP" ?
>
> Ummmhhh..
> "The first/last server_addr_rec addr/port in the serving VHost"?

What if it's a domain name that resolves to multiple addresses?  I suppose
you could sort the addresses... but this doesn't result in a stable name
-- if anyone changes the addresses the name changes.  I really don't think
it's a big enough problem to worry about -- we see it a lot because we
attach debuggers to the code, and work on code which segvs and so on.

Dean