httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: 1.3.1 missing pgp signature
Date Mon, 27 Jul 1998 15:49:56 GMT

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Dean Gaudet wrote:
> >
> > I disagree.  Last time I signed a release we got a few dozen emails
> > indicating I'd done it wrong.  Apparently I wasn't supposed to use the
> > most recent pgp 5, or some crap like that.  Excuse me, but pgp sucks.
>
> Excuse me, but your inclination to give inadequate effort to things
> in which you're not interested, and saying that they therefore suck,
> sucks. :-)

Fuck off.  I spent a lot of time trying to get this right, and the fucking
FAQ didn't exist when I tried to get all this stuff set up.  And I was
interested in setting it up, I was actually interested in signing every
one of my messages.

> All the stuff about the different version interoperability issues was
> discussed on this list long ago.  Yes, it's nothing short of a massive
> PITA; as far as I'm aware, blame RSA for that - it wasn't PGP's idea.

It was discussed, but nobody could point me at a short list of install
steps.  Now I've got pgp 5.x installed and I'm being told that's wrong.
I'm sorry, this is a waste of time.

Dean