httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: httpd core files on Linux?
Date Fri, 24 Jul 1998 16:51:29 GMT
This is one of the reasons I did the "-p" patch which lets httpd run as
nobody all the time (a small wrapper opens the ports, and uses -p to pass
the FD#s to httpd).  But that patch wouldn't patch against 1.3.x due to
all the changes since I wrote it... it's part of the rather large top_fuel
patch at <http://www.arctic.org/~dgaudet/apache/1.3/top_fuel.patch>.

If you go digging on www.linuxhq.com you'll find links to patch archives,
there is a coredump patch... I put a copy of it at
<http://www.arctic.org/~dgaudet/patches/linux-2.0-coredump.patch>.

I still prefer the first approach, because it works on freebsd as well as
linux, I just never had time to refine it.  It needs more refining to deal
with log files and such.

Dean