httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: remove PID on shutdown
Date Fri, 24 Jul 1998 16:35:07 GMT

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Martin Kraemer wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 23, 1998 at 11:35:48AM -0700, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> > [...] A bigger annoyance for me is the
> > fact that the accept.lock.* files are left around sometimes, [...]
>
> I've been observing that, too. (But what can be the cause for tens of those?)

Developers are typically the only folks that will see tens of those.  They
exist when the server coredumps, for example... or when you quit out of
gdb without letting apache run its cleanups.

They exist because the flock() locking mechanism requires the file to be
re-opened once per child.

> > Maybe we
> > should make the port:primaryIP be the filename extension rather than the pid?
>
> Hey - that sounds like a very clever idea to me! +1!

What is "port" and "primaryIP" ?

Dean