httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: RTLD_GLOBAL for DSO?
Date Fri, 10 Jul 1998 17:44:03 GMT

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Jon Teichrow wrote:

> (e.g. LoadGlobalModule as a possible solution,
> or hacking in "|RTLD_GLOBAL" in the call
> to dlopen).  Does anyone know of any other

Since this is a property of the module it's not wise to ask the user to
know whether to use LoadModule or LoadGlobalModule.  Instead, if we need
both functionalities, I suggest adding this to httpd.h:

#ifdef SHARED_MODULE
#define AP_REQUIRE_GLOBAL int ap_use_rtld_global;
#else
#define AP_REQUIRE_GLOBAL
#endif

and then place an AP_REQUIRE_GLOBAL into the modules which require it.

mod_so can use dlsym to see if that symbol is defined (the value is
meaningless -- it's either there or not there).  If it's defined, then
reload the module with RTLD_GLOBAL.

Or something like that.

Dean