httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject 8-bit ctype
Date Wed, 08 Jul 1998 17:52:09 GMT
Ok I'd really appreciate testing/comments on this... it was fairly easy to
put together (perl -pi -e 's#\b(isalpha|is....)\b#ap_$1#g' did most of the
work).  And I think it covers all the concerns we've had.

There's like a half-dozen other PRs that are related to this which I
haven't searched for yet.

Dean

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 8 Jul 1998 17:47:31 -0000
From: dgaudet@hyperreal.org
To: apache-1.3-cvs@hyperreal.org
Subject: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/regex debug.c engine.c regcomp.c regex2.h

dgaudet     98/07/08 10:47:30

  Modified:    src      CHANGES Configure
               src/ap   ap_snprintf.c
               src/include conf.h hsregex.h
               src/main fnmatch.c gen_test_char.c http_protocol.c util.c
                        util_date.c util_script.c
               src/modules/proxy proxy_ftp.c proxy_http.c proxy_util.c
               src/modules/standard mod_access.c mod_alias.c
                        mod_autoindex.c mod_cern_meta.c mod_digest.c
                        mod_expires.c mod_imap.c mod_include.c
                        mod_log_config.c mod_mime.c mod_mime_magic.c
                        mod_negotiation.c mod_rewrite.c mod_speling.c
                        mod_usertrack.c
               src/os/bs2000 bs2login.c
               src/os/win32 mod_isapi.c util_win32.c
               src/regex debug.c engine.c regcomp.c regex2.h
  Added:       src/include apctype.h
  Log:
  Implement 8-bit ctype suggestion #2 modified by Roy's (unsigned char)
  suggestion because Iain Brown <iain@iain.com> pointed out that my logic
  regarding the casting was wrong.  This compiles and runs/works on both
  Linux and Solaris 2.6.  I'm totally willing to back it out if there
  are complaints, I just figure this is the best way to get widespread
  multiplatform testing.

  To test you need to request a URL with character 246 (รถ), and you should
  create a .htaccess in a directory with an AddDescription containing
  character 246 as well.  (Actually, trying 240 through 255 would be good.)

  PR:		800, 2282, 2553  (and others)