httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/support suexec.c
Date Tue, 07 Jul 1998 17:42:10 GMT
Your log messages did not indicate the PR#, otherwise I would have
familiarized myself with it.

Also, now that I've read the PR, I see there's absolutely no reason to
increase the verbiage of the error message, because the submitter's
problem went away on recompile -- which leads me to believe it was their
mistake, and nothing wrong with the code.

So, why should we put potentially nasty string manipulation code into a
setuid executable when there's no problem to diagnose?

And no, I won't stop reverting other work.  This is supposed to be a
dynamic project, we're all supposed to have the ability to comment and act
upon what others do.  I'm not trying to insult you Ken.  I'm just using my
time efficiently -- and that means eliminating the latency of going back
and forth on something privately and then having to explain it all
publically again.  Furthermore, in this particular instance, I imagine
Marc supports my action -- as he already posted to new-httpd about your
code.

Dean