httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_core.c
Date Sat, 04 Jul 1998 00:08:51 GMT
Could we please not do this sort of thing on minor releases?

You've just screwed me over w.r.t. merging 1.3 changes into apache-nspr.

You've just screwed up anyone else's patches which they may have developed
against 1.3.  Including possibly the various patches of mine that are
referenced by apache documentation.

You just screwed up anyone who had modified working copies of http_core.c.

This sort of crap should be announced first, and should definately not
happen in minor releases.

I would like a moratorium on "style guide cleanups", including HTML
cleanups.  I'm tired of these huge diffs which accomplish nothing except
some anal desire for cleanliness, and waste other developer's time.  The
time for this cleanup was months ago when we did all the other cleanups.

Dean