httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject "They're apaches. At war against evil."
Date Sat, 18 Jul 1998 22:12:23 GMT
...so I was leaving a bookstore a few minutes ago, and in the impulse-buy
rack at the checkout counter, I discovered a book called _Apaches_, by
Lorenzo Carcaterra.

I bought it, though I probably won't read it. The back cover, however,
seemed worth enough to pay for so I could share it with you all:

"Boomer. Dead-Eye. Plus. Geronimo. Reverend Jim. Mrs. Columbo. Ledgends of
the NYPD, they were great cops. The best cops. But they are cops no more.
Now they are apaches, a renegade unit working on their own - reunited to
bring down the most vicious criminal working New York City today..."

Hmm... I thought he lived in Redmond... ;)

And once again showing that the end-user has impeccable taste in products,
_Apaches_ is (was?) a New York Times bestseller.