httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: Is it time for some 2.0 philosophy/design talk yet?
Date Sat, 18 Jul 1998 22:08:34 GMT
On Sun, 19 Jul 1998, Simon Spero wrote:

> I've been holding off posting some thoughts since there's a release in
> the air, and I don't want to speak up and risk losing any fingers.

Any fingers lost will be reimbursed by the Apache Group with copies of
Apache, valued at $995 each (that's about the going price for a web
server, hmm?) So, for example, if you lose a finger, and it costs $30,000
to stitch it back on, you will receive 31 copies of Apache. We'll even
throw in a copy of the source code, just to help you recover!

[...]

> let me know when the release is done and I'll starting posting some shit
> if people are interested

I think it's all right to start posting now. I plan to post some of my
ideas as soon as I get a few hours to think them out and write them down.