httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: "Win32"?
Date Wed, 15 Jul 1998 18:05:32 GMT
On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> Hmm.
>
> Thinking about Marc's recent change to the 1.3.1 Announcement, I think the
> word "Win32" is too liberally applied in that, and other, documents.

Possibly, but "Windows" is far too generic a term.

The port is written to run on systems with a Win32 API, which is why I use
Win32 when talking about the "version" of Apache just like the "Unix"
version of Apache can run on non-unix systems (at least in theory), but we
can still call it the Unix version.

If I say "the Win32 version has problems due to filename variance" I think
that is quite clear.  Some of my references may not be as good as they
could be, I'll look at that.