httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: sub_canonical_filename softspot under win32 (fwd)
Date Mon, 13 Jul 1998 20:20:21 GMT
On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Doug MacEachern wrote:
> >
> > With the latest from cvs, this configuration causes an access violation:
> > <Files *.ehtml>
> >     SetHandler perl-script
> >     PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
> >     Options ExecCGI
> > </Files>
>
> Isn't that just wrong? Like, you shouldn't have a * there? But, of

No, that is completely legit but screwed by the current canonicalization
routines wihc also break far too much other stuff.

> course, it shouldn't crash anyway.

I think the change I committed the other night should at least stop it
from crashing, although I haven't tried it for this case.  It was trying
to copy 2^32-mumble bytes and having a few problems doing so.