httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: PR2145: win32 bypass auth for specific files
Date Mon, 13 Jul 1998 04:43:26 GMT

On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> At 07:33 PM 7/10/98 -0600, you wrote:

> >> That would be ideal, somewhere I can get to from my taz account.  You
> >
> ><http://www.apache.org/~marc/is/>http://www.apache.org/~marc/is/
> >
> >Is multifile, but too bad.  Note that this is _not_ a correct install and
> >it doesn't fully install properly (eg. config files are messed up), but it
> >should be reasonably close.
>
> I downloaded the files and clicked on "setup.exe", and got a dailog box with a
> blank error message with the title "setup initialization error".  I couldn't

Hmm.  Freaky.  Should work that far.  Works here.  Are you sure you have
all the files in the right directory without names being munged?

> figure out how to work around it.  Do you just have an apache.exe I could
> download?

apache.exe doesn't buy you much, since it is nothing.

I put apache.exe and apachecore.dll in http://www.apache.org/~marcs/raw/
which may be enough.

> Also, I dunno if this is FAT32; control panel -> system says it's "GENERIC IDE
> DISK TYPE40".  Ah, and specifically Win95 version 4.00.950 B.

fdisk should tell you.

> Oh shit, I just realized something.  I didn't enable "AllowOverride All" in
> access.conf.  Yet, the presence of an htaccess.txt file (which I had set
> AccessFileName to) in the directory DID prevent the directory from being
> served, instead being forbidden.  So to recap:

Hmm.  I can't reproduce that either, although my htaccess is .htaccess.