httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/support suexec.c
Date Tue, 07 Jul 1998 17:46:11 GMT
On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Your log messages did not indicate the PR#, otherwise I would have
> familiarized myself with it.
>
> Also, now that I've read the PR, I see there's absolutely no reason to
> increase the verbiage of the error message, because the submitter's
> problem went away on recompile -- which leads me to believe it was their
> mistake, and nothing wrong with the code.

A couple of the other errors (ie. ones about the wrong user running it)
should be more verbose and the changes there are good.

But I think that that huge mess of stuff just to tell people the arguments
in the error message is not acceptable, it is not readable, the extra mess
of code to deal with adding the "{buffer overflow}" or whatever it is is
unnecessary.

I wasn't yet decided if I should replace it with two lines of code that do
the same thing, but only for the fixed case of 4 arguments, or if it
should just be reverted to how it was originally.